Monday, May 14, 2012

Thin Mint Cookie Balls

The start of spring also brings one of my favorite things...Thin Mint girl scout cookies!  The little girl scouts twisted my arm and made me buy two boxes. I figured it was probably against my better judgement to eat both boxes. So with the new popular cake ball trend I thought I'd try some experimenting.  I decided to mix this cake ball trend with the cookies and make...cookie balls! Now I'm not normally one to make up my own recipes, I tend to just read the directions, so this could have turned out really bad or really good. I think it turned out pretty good! My dad would probably disagree...but I am a huge mint fan.

Here's the recipe:

1 box of Thin Mint cookies
1 pkg Almond Bark
1 tsp mint extract
1 8oz pkg of cream cheese (I use neufchatel...it's less fat)
green food coloring
sprinkles

   


Grind both sleeves of cookies in a blender.











 In a large bowl mix cheese with the blended cookies.  Mixture will be very thick. 











Roll into one-inch balls. Freeze for 30 minutes to an hour (until frozen). 











Heat almond bark in microwave until melted. Stir at 30 second intervals. (Do not over heat!) 












Add a few drops of food coloring to desired color and mint extract.  Stir quickly as the almond bark will begin to harden.  










Dip each ball into mixture and place on wax paper. Adorn with sprinkles. 












Store in a sealed air tight container. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment