Sunday, May 13, 2012

Banana Nut Bread

Banana (Nut) Bread

For part of my mother's day gift I made some banana nut bread to go along with the other goodies.  I found this recipe in a bridal edition cookbook given to me by my parent's neighbors.  I love this recipe because it's simple and delicious and reminds me of my grandma's banana nut bread!

Here's the recipe:

2 c flour (all purpose)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
2 eggs
1 1/2 c mashed bananas
1 c sugar
1/2 c vegetable oil
1/4 chopped walnuts (optional) I'm not a big fan of nuts so I leave them out.

Mix together in a large bowl flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.












In a separate bowl mix eggs, bananas, sugar, oil, and walnuts. Add egg mixture to the flour mixer.  












Bake in a well greased (this is key for easy removal) loaf pan at 350˚ for 1 hour.  











Let cool for about 10 minutes.  Loosen sides with a knife. Remove from pan. 

















Store in a sealed container.  Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment