Monday, May 28, 2012

Patriotic Wreath

Last year I made my first wreath for Halloween and since then I have been obsessed with making them.  I've tried to make one for each holiday or event that was near.  My latest endeavor was a wreath for Memorial Day!  I wanted to do something simple and easy and nothing too "cutesy."

Here are the simple steps!

From Hobby Lobby I purchased a 14 inch straw wreath, 3 yards of burlap (2 would be plenty), 2 rolls of red and blue ribbon, and 2 packages of greening pins (found in the floral department). (I also bought these stars that I didn't end up using.)


First cut a really long piece of burlap and wrap the entire wreath leaving no straw showing. 


Next cut several pieces of burlap into approximately 2" x 2" squares.  The squares don't have to be perfect!



 Pinch the squares and pin directly to the wreath.  Again, this doesn't have to be perfect! Do this over and over again until your wreath is as full as you'd like.  Then cut a few pieces of ribbon and add them to the wreath with the greening pins.  





 Tie a ribbon to hang and you're done!



No comments:

Post a Comment