Monday, January 21, 2013

Scripture Signs

I love all of the signs with scripture on them but am not crazy about the price tag, so I decided to make some of my own. 

I used two pieces of poster board and drew out a template for my wall. I used various frames around the house to decide which sizes I wanted.

 Then I went to Lowe's, purchased a piece of wood, and had it cut into the different sizes.

I painted the pieces of wood black (the color that I wanted the letters to be.)


After drying, I used scrapbook stickers to create the Bible verses I wanted. Be sure to push the stickers down firmly so the next coat of paint does not bleed underneath. 

Then I painted over those with a tan color (for the background.) Be careful when doing this because it's easy to pull off the stickers when painting.

After this coat of paint dried I peeled up the stickers and had my own scripture signs. 




No comments:

Post a Comment