Sunday, January 6, 2013

Printing on Burlap

I had recently seen on pinterest where people bought a special kind of paper in order to print on burlap. Quite honestly I had no desire to go look for this paper so I figured why not just print directly on the burlap. So I did and it worked! Here's how:

First I cut a piece of burlap slightly smaller than a piece of paper. I attached the burlap to a sheet of cardstock with a glue stick (around the edges only). (I tried using adhesive picture squares but the printer pulled the burlap off of them.) Then I ran it through the printer and immediately peeled the burlap off the cardstock. 

Tip: print in bold font!  Some of the ink runs through onto the paper and can make it difficult to read. Changing your font to bold makes this much easier. 




No comments:

Post a Comment